Nades allocation

• Admin

I am wondering to do a per map config on retakes to setup grenades allocator to just make each map payable for both sides.
    Remain the question of the bombsites, do both bombsites need the same amount of nades to be retakes ?
    (btw this is not possible atm)

Here is a short list of what i as thinking about:

• inferno
      No smoke for T’s
      2 smokes for CT’s
      maybe delete from mappool ?
    • D2
      1 smoke for T’s
    • cache
      1 smoke for T’s
    • nuke
      1 smoke for T’s

this list is not full and maybe not the best, feel free to comment your needs guys!

• Inferno
      1 smoke for each side seems fine to me
    • D2
      2 smokes for T’s on A and only one on B seems good, onely 1 on A feels a bit rough :smiley:
    • Cache
      1 smoke for each side on each bombsite
    • Nuke
      1 smoke for T’s is fine with me :)

That’s only my advice tho!

• Admin

the thing is defining nades per bombsite is actualy not possible :smiley:

• Remove inferno, very few people like to play it on retake (almost unplayable in CT side).

1 smoke per side is good, because 2 smokes in T side is too easy (you can slow down the CT during 20 seconds, so if you have 2 smokes it’s too hard for CT)

And for pistol, maybe let us pick if we prefer kevlar or stuff+kit.

• better to keep it similar to a game scenario, even tho its played out with very little team play.

1 smoke per map per side, maybe more flashes for CT or mollies, to flush out the corners.

Keep inferno, hiz0w is wrong, its played a lot on retakes and is playable on CT. Maybe he is just not good at retaking and using nades.

• Admin

Ahahah the taunt is real :stuck_out_tongue:

So if i understand your requests for now, it would be (globaly):

• 1 smoke for each side
    • more flash for CTs

What about per map config? don’t you think that some maps need their own nades allocation ?

• yeah it’s so funny to retake B when they smoke CT and it’s 4v5 :)))
    and yes let’s keep a map who is not in the mappool, please add de_tulipe i really like it

just uk things

• ever heard of stewie2k? push through the smoke with the extra flashes that could be implemented? prefire angles through the smoke? what you gonna do in a match “oh sorry, cant push the smoke cuz inferno never let me”.

Like anyone is playing de_nuke? Cbble + overpass is already bad enough with all the lowbies playing it when they dont know the difference between A and B.

Keep the base maps for just ease of play. Rather than forcing the more obscure maps.

Baguette logic.

• Don’t change anything, 1 smoke per side is good.
    Delete inferno (this map will be corriged soon) or remove the smoke in Tside.
    Servers require more team scramble.
    And why not create a server for only the top100 HSF ? :grinning:

• “oh sorry, cant push the smoke cuz inferno never let me”

mmmmh actually yes that’s why they removed it, because it’s such a boring map with all these smokes who can block everything…

And you can’t push alone on retake and check all the angles at the same time, but sorry you’re uk pro i forgot, best scene eu :))))

“with all the lowbies playing it”, typical uk ego :)))

• [quote=“Khalistas, post:9, topic:93”]
    And why not create a server for only the top100 HSF ?
    [/quote]

There was a server created before, based on the top players that had the highest points, that could only join. But there were not enough players and JFF shut it down.

Additionally, the points system is flawed because it only rewards you for playing on the server of a long time, not being a “good” player. So those that are bad players can easily be in the top100 just for playing a lot of rounds. The rank system should be similar to Splewis, even the auto team balance on HSF is not that great. I always see 1 player in double digits, while the other 4 are struggle in to get 5 frags. balance…

• Admin

Ok mans, don’t worry i’ll delete inferno :p

I’ll check if it’s possible to choose between kevlar/pistol and nades on pistol round.

@refleXive
    How do you think points system should be reworked ? I’m totaly open to it!
    What about the balance system, how should it works ?

@Khalistas I’ll reopen something like that before the end of the year but more elaborated.

• [quote=“hiz0w, post:10, topic:93, full:true”]
    “oh sorry, cant push the smoke cuz inferno never let me”

mmmmh actually yes that’s why they removed it, because it’s such a boring map with all these smokes who can block everything…

And you can’t push alone on retake and check all the angles at the same time, but sorry you’re uk pro i forgot, best scene eu :))))

“with all the lowbies playing it”, typical uk ego :)))
    [/quote]

lol valve changed the smoke timings for this. And if anything, many french (top) teams consider inferno their best/fav map.

Learn to flash and smokes are not much of a problem, especially when the majority of the server are casual players.

[quote=“hiz0w, post:10, topic:93”]
    [/quote]
    are you serious? you’re complaining about the ct smoke obviously, you can prefire tree, popflash then run into ruins, its like 2 angles.

Yes UK ego, when im just stating the facts that the majority of the players usually playing are casual player. with around 1000 hours.

Just face the fact that you are not a good inferno player unlike your top French players, and then stop BMing me and witch hunting the fact that im from the UK lol.

• @JFF
    Why not leave Inferno in the pool, and if the server wants to play it, they will vote for it during map vote?

If its not voted, then its not played. Whats the issue?

Maybe do the ranking system based on a Kill to Death Ratio, like a rating.

So people that are 1/1 KDR and below are unable to join the ‘higher servers’ for example. You’ll have to look at the data from your player base to see what the top 10% (for example) and see what the lowest KDR and maybe make that a minimum?

also you will have to consider the anomalies from people who have only played 1 map which will have skewed data. maybe players need to have played at least 10 maps, or have 200 kills for example. Then the data will not be unreliable.

Should there be a new thread for this?

regardless, the current ranking system will not make for a good “top100” server.

• I don’t care about the map in 5v5, I like to play it (not my fav map but not my worst, but I find it boring to watch, and too narrow), I’m talking about retake. If T are tree / bombsite / ruins, even if you flash you can’t pick them all, and if there is no smoke on CT, the guy playing site with AWP has a free kill (if not 2 or 3) every round… (if CT don’t have smoke for site).

And add the fact it’s retake so people are often doing “yolo” move so it’s harder to predict than in classic 5v5.

But I totally agree with you on the balance system, sometimes retake mod looks like 2v2 when it’s 4v5 because some guys are just lost, or waiting far behind when they are CT, pushing at the end, doing nothing useful (and that’s one more reason why inferno is unplayable in retake)

• Admin

I’m thinking about a bronze / silver / gold feature to enhance it.

The thing is i actualy can’t change the points calculation method.

I’ll see if i leave inferno in the mappool or no, i’ll made a test soon.

• Admin

Yo

[quote=hiz0w]

lol valve changed the smoke timings for this. And if anything, many french (top) teams consider inferno their best/fav map.
    [/quote]

I guess take (FR) pro team isn’t a good way for talking about community server. I play most of my time on retake server, and for sure inferno isn’t the first map for our players. I think it’s maybe a spawn problem (4ct on banana with a smoke car and it’s loose for exemple), then i don’t think inferno should be deleted, but for sure on 4 vs 5 it’s probably the hardest map.

[quote]
    Learn to flash and smokes are not much of a problem, especially when the majority of the server are casual players
    [/quote]
    As u said, mostly are casual gamer, and for them, i think learn smoke on cache/mirage/train/overpass/dust2 isn’t fun time. If they don’t, they can’t play on retake ? Or just try to play their best on the current map, and inferno isn’t the best for it i think.

[quote] with all the lowbies playing it", typical uk ego :))) [/quote]

Think it was too much :)

[quote=“refleXive, post:13, topic:93”]
    Just face the fact that you are not a good inferno player unlike your top French players, and then stop BMing me and witch hunting the fact that im from the UK lol.
    [/quote]

Already told it but this is not a pro server, yes majority of players are good (maybe ?), but top french player isn’t our majority players.

@JFF Maybe have u stats on inferno from retake ? I hope i can see it soon :slight_smile:

[quote=“Khalistas, post:9, topic:93”]
    And why not create a server for only the top100 HSF ? :grinning:
    [/quote]

top 100 isn’t too much restricted ? top 500 or 1000 maybe better for had enough players every time ?

• Admin

[quote=“Serial, post:17, topic:93”]
    @JFF Maybe have u stats on inferno from retake ? I hope i can see it soon :slight_smile:
    [/quote]

Guess this is what you are looking for :smiley:

Retakes stats per map
    Players stats on inferno

• Admin

So,

to comeback to our allocator,

per map config ? yes/no

if no, lower T smoke to ? 0/1/2 max ?
    Give 1 more flash to CTs ?

inferno off (it would have already been deleted)

Looks like your connection to Forums HSFactory was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.