Spawns in Deathmatch #1

• Hi,

The respawns in DM#1 (I think it’s the only one with such a big issue) are so broken. Here are some recurrent problems :

• spawning in a middle of 3 guys fighting (lower tunnel for example, or A plateau)
    • spawning in the crosshair of a guy who is at 1meter (one of the most boring problem, sometimes you can respawn like 3 or 4 time without doing anything) If you are waiting stairs on short you can do like 15 frags just by waiting and aiming at the wall, a guy will always spawn there.
    • spawning just behind someone, that’s not fair at all

I already talked to JFF about these problems, but I’ll post here too, if some players are thinking like me or have some ideas to fix the problem.

Some ideas we already talked about :

• adding spawns to long area (there is only 1 or 2 spawns near the blue container)
    • adding spawn protection during 0.5 second
    • find how to make players spawn not in front of us every time

I’m not “crying”, I really like all the HSF servers, I always try to talk with JFF about the issues, how to improve the servers, I’m not “a noob” who is crying about how much he is dying in deathmatch (I don’t care about my score DM is for training), it’s just frustrating to be killed like 5 or 6 times in a row time to time.

• Admin

I totaly agree that this could be frustrating.

The things is the DM plugin we are using is normaly using a LoS which should avoid people to spawn in others player range. Let’s give it a look:

================================
             Spawns stats for current Map:
             Player Spawned: 12329
             Player Spawned in other player LOS: 0 (0.000000%)
             Average LOS traced per spawn: 16.703382
             Average spawn position tested for LOS per spawn: 2.446102
             Average LOS traced per 'LOS not clear' spawn position: 1.753379
             TOTAL spawns stats:
             Player Spawned: 522978
             Player Spawned in other player LOS: 0 (0.000000%)
             Average LOS traced per spawn: 17.604084
             Average spawn position tested for LOS per spawn: 2.619903
             Average LOS traced per 'LOS not clear' spawn position: 1.743260

I will investigate into this values. Also do you feel the same things on the FR pistol dm (really important to know that) ?

• I don’t know for the pistol DM, it’s such a different feeling, it’s harder to spawnkill because you have only a pistol

• Admin

Well i guess spawns could be better but don’t forget a deathmatch with 15+ player, that sure u will spawn in area with other guy 90% of the time, just have the timing to spawn safe.

I will look for pistol DM.

• Admin

I guess pistol DM spwns would be totaly differente but i highly doubt they are good.

I’m gonna try tok understand this LoS shit

Looks like your connection to Forums HSFactory was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.